Monday, January 10, 2011

Release of 'O' level results.

As usual, the 'O' level results are revealed at this time of January. We had the opportunity to witness history in the making where the teachers announced the top pupils of express and of course the normal academic courses. It was a nerve wrecking process even if i was only a witness!

The intense atmosphere could be felt by many in the crowd and It was certainly a eye opening experience. I thought of how i would be if i was receiving the results myself. I thought of how the butterflies would conquer my stomach constantly. I thought of how my future would change with the sight of a piece of paper.

In the end, after the event was over, I saw some happy faces. However, I saw more sad, disappointed faces. The school became like a mortuary in a matter of a few minutes. I really want to help those that are feeling down, but sometimes an extra help is unnecessary. I really want to congratulate the people who achieved, too, but sometimes people may not really appreciate the well wishes in the future.

I certainly hope that they will all turn out to be greater students in their future endeavors. Regardless of whether they have succeeded or not, whether they have impressed or broken a teachers heart. Maybe i shouldn't have bothered congratulating them and consoling them at all.

"In this world, there is no word the better.... can say to the good."

I better be geared up and start early for the coming life changing examinations.

Till then,
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment