Friday, January 7, 2011

''As I said before, I had been playing from the time i was four years old, but it occurred to me that I had never once played for myself. I had always been trying to pass a test or practise an assignment or impress somebody. Those are all important things, of course, if you are going to master an instrument. But after a certain age you have to start performing for yourself. That's what music is. I had to drop out of the elite course and pass my thirty-first birthday before I was finally able to see that. I would send my child off to kindergarten and hurry through the housework, then spend an hour or two playing music I liked. So far so good, right?''

The above paragraph is just an extract taken from 'Norwegian Wood' by Haruki Murakami. It's magic. Just imagine the paragraph to be talking about something else other than music(like studies), and it still makes perfect sense.

Just sharing whatever I can to cover up for my unforeseen absence in the future.

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment